Jimmy Choo and all other brands of clothing and shoes are sold at major retailers and big box stores that we all know. Whether you’re shopping at Bloomingdale’s or Target, the apparel and accessories that you see in stores are only available for a limited time. All shoes and clothing are cycled to keep a fresh flow of new inventory that people want to buy. That opens the doors to truckload liquidators like IDX Liquidations who resells merchandise at lower prices than you’d ever see in a store. IDX purchases inventory from the store and then sells some of it on eBay and some of it by truckload to other resellers.
Picture a brand new shirt that retails at $60. A truckload of that exact shirt is delivered to the store and put up on the shelves. After a few weeks, only about half of the inventory has sold, so the store discounts the price of the merchandise to $39.99. Two more weeks go by and a few more shirts have sold, but the products are not selling fast enough. The store then discounts the shirt’s price to $24.99 in an effort to sell them all right away. One more week passes and no one has purchased the shirts. More than a month has gone by and the store can’t wait any longer. They need to swap out old products for new inventory, so the store sells the shirts to a truckload liquidation company. IDX Liquidations buys the inventory directly from the store to resell and distribute to other vendors.
A lot of young people dream of becoming a fashion designer and being among those at the top who get to show their design collection every season at the most prestigious fashion weeks. But fashion design is more than just being creative with textiles and coming up with designs for clothes. It is a highly competitive industry that requires more than just your creative talent. So, do you have what it takes to be a fashion designer?
Creativity and a Strong Sense of Style
Creativity and good taste will go a long way in fashion. To stand out in the fashion industry, you need to be innovative and original in your designs, drawing out inspiration from all forms of artistic discipline. At the same time, you need to be tasteful in combining eclectic ideas into your work. Creating a strong style that is unique to you but also appealing to your market will make you more memorable and successful. However, there is more to fashion design than simply being creative and stylish.
Artistic Abilities and Technical Skills
A good fashion designer should be able to illustrate their vision into sketches, which shall then be used in the actual construction of the design. How good you are in expressing and communicating your design ideas (mostly on paper) is crucial to the final garment. You should also possess strong artistic abilities and a deep sense of understanding texture, color, and fabrics. Knowing what works with what is valuable. Having skills in sewing techniques is also a plus. The execution of a design is just as important as its conceptualization. All these can be learned through getting into a fashion designing program at school or even through self-study.
Good Eye for Detail
A small detail can make or break a design. It is the fashion designer’s responsibility to pay close attention even to the minutest detail. Shall it be in this shade of color or that shade? Shall there be four buttons or only three? Shall we leave it plain or with ruffles? These kinds of questions are what a fashion designer should be asking his/herself.
Effective Communication Skills and a Team Player
Fashion design is not something done in isolation. Instead, it is a collaborative work among highly skilled people. It is very much a team process where each person contributes to the overall success of the design. A garment passes through a lot of hands from its conception to construction down to the runway. A good fashion designer can work well with other people and is able to effectively communicate his/her vision to the other team members.
Grace Under Pressure
A career in fashion design is one for the tough. You will be constantly exposed to stressful situations such as harsh criticisms, meeting deadlines while still coming up with the most creative designs, cutthroat competition, and perhaps occasional disagreements with your team. The pressure in this industry can be too much but you got to keep your head held high and thrive despite all the difficulties.
Fashion is an interesting discipline because it combines art and commerce. One shall not exist without the other in fashion. And so, the business side of things is just as important to focus on as a fashion designer. Being business savvy will help you sustain your fashion brand and make it profitable. Marketing is also essential in having an edge against your competition.
Knowledge of Fashion History
Knowledge of the history of fashion is not necessarily a requirement but more of an advantage for you. Previous styles and fashion movements may serve as an inspiration when coming up with your designs. Also, you get to appreciate fashion even more and what it means to society as it continues to be ever-evolving.
Updated with the Current Fashion Trends
Fashion trends come and go and if you do not keep yourself updated with what is going on in your industry, you will be left behind and worse, you may design something that is already three seasons late. What you should be aiming at is setting the trend, not getting behind it.
You thought fashion trends were only for women? The modern world of fashion also calls for paying attention to the ever-changing men’s fashion trends. Even men in modern times like being stylish at all times. Taking cues from the fashionable past and blending the same with the modern elements, the gentlemen of the modern times are setting the sartorial tone for the coming fashion season.
The key to retaining the sartorial self-respect lies in one’s ability to differentiate between the future classics and the fleeting fads. If you wish to remain protected from nudging in the wrong direction, here are some top men’s fashion trends that you must know about:
- Vintage Checks: In recent times, the vintage checks have been known to be trending heavily for men & women equally. When it comes to men’s fashion, the vintage checks are gaining impetus in the form of jackets and trousers and even caps. For rocking this look, men can try out starting with a single statement checked garment like a blazer or a coat. When you are confident with the same, you can try out checked pants & trousers as well.
- Turtleneck Suits: When it comes to men’s fashion, suiting can never go out of style. However, there are several ways of keeping the tailored look appear intensely classic –every season. This fashion season, its all about how you are complementing your suit look. Therefore, as the weather gets cold, you can simply look stylish by swapping your typical shirt with a classic turtleneck sweatshirt or sweater for a great appearance.
- Statement Camel Shades: The latest fashion season is all about the classic camel shade –almost everywhere. As far as the color or shade of the latest fashion era is concerned, the camel shade is topping the list amongst all other color The camel hues are known for creating a great fashion statement and appear surprisingly stylish –when worn from head to toe. Make the most of it.
- Oversized Silhouettes: In the latest fashion era, the garments for men have become looser. In the recent year, the men’s fashion trend is all about adorning oversized silhouettes with utter swag and attitude. When you wish to rock this look, it is vital that you are able to strike the correct balance.
Make the most of the latest men’s fashion trends across the globe!
When you browse through some of the most beautiful and famous countries in the world, Canada ranks amongst the top popular countries that you must visit at least once in life. And, there is a reason for it as well! Canada is indeed a beautiful country with sprawling greenery and ample mesmerizing locations to awe-inspire you every time to visit this place. With the presence of several high-end cities and traditional places, you can make up for an excellent trip to Canada with your friends & family.
If you are looking forward to planning a trip anytime soon, here are some top reasons why you should consider visiting Canada at least once in your lifetime:
- Amazing Natural Wonders: Canada is abundant in the presence of the most spectacular natural wonders that you cannot come across anywhere in the world. Canada boasts the presence of several coastlines –much more than any other nation in the world. The terrain of the country ranges from small deserts to high mountain peaks, huge lakes, evergreen forests, and much more. Some of the most famous natural wonders in Canada that you can consider visiting include the Dinosaur Provincial Park, the Canadian Rocky Mountain Park, Cabot Trail, Niagara Falls, and so more.
- High Affordability: When it comes to the most affordable options for a great vacation, Canada can be you topmost choice. In comparison to other countries like the United States, Canada serves to be a highly economical option for the tourists from across the corners of the world. Several worldwide surveys have claimed Canada to be one of the most cost-effective places to visit. This is the reason why most tourists from around the globe prefer visiting Canada as a famous tourist spot.
- Unique Cities: Canada is fortunate to boast the presence of some of the most amazing cities in the world. For instance, Winnipeg is famous for its immense affordability, while Calgary is famous as it is the closest destination to the popular Banff National Park. Ottawa houses some of the most amazing museums and Yellowknife is the country’s capital to witness the mesmerizing Northern Lights. Then, you come across Vancouver which is one of the most flourishing cities in the nation. Toronto is the fourth largest city in North America bringing a European charm to the country.
- Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth: Calgary –a popular city in Canada hosts the world-famous Calgary Stampede every year. This is also referred to as the “Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth”. This not only serves to be a rodeo, but also organizes exhibitions, carnival rides, parades, concerts, and leading agricultural competitions. This event is the annual celebration of Western culture & heritage and observes over a million people from all over being a part of this impressive event.
Canada is a beautiful country to visit with the abundance of diverse traditions, cultures, and some of the most spectacular places to visit on Earth. Make your way to the best trip ever!